Curly Hair Wash Day Ritual
Curly hair wash days are no easy feat ! IYKYK! Pre-pooing, Deep conditioning, root to tip detangling and carving out some serious self care or should we say " Curl Care" time, is absolutely a chapter in every curlies life. Let Rizos Curls simplify this assignment and make the most of this "me" time and enjoy it like a day at the spa or a meaningful solo date. Who says taking care of yourself has to be a daunting task, or conjure up feelings of procrastination? Spending time with yourself, caring for yourself is so rewarding when you know you are making it a moment and not just an exhausting overload of effort.
Wash Day Ritual with Rizos Curls
Step #1 Get the Vibe Right!
Step #2 Do the Pre-poo
Adding oils to your scalp as a prep step on wash day is critical for those that especially suffer from oily or flaky scalps. Oil actually breaks down oil, and will start the process of lifting flakes and debris from your scalp. This step is painless and can be done hours to 20 minutes before washing. Applying oil to the scalp and massaging with fingertips or scalp brush in a circular motion will help detach flakes from the scalp and lift excess sebum that can clog pores and congest hair follicles. Allow oil to sit for at least 20 minutes before proceeding with your wash. We love our Rizos Curls Detox Oil for this, as it has ingredients like healing Tea Tree & Lemon Oils that soothe and purify the scalp.
Step # 3 Squeaky Clean
Depending on your needs, there are 3 options to choose from to achieve the squeaky clean stamp of approval!
- For Weekly Wash Way: Rizos Curls Hydrating Shampoo, 2023 Allure Best of the Best Award Winner, will give you a excellent clean without over drying your scalp. This shampoo formula has Shea Butter to lock in moisture and Moringa Oil to strengthen hair and scalp and defend against split ends. It has the Rizos Curls Promise to be sulfate-free, but boasts a low suds cleaning that helps you work in all the good to wash out all the yuck!
- For Treatment Wash Day ( 2-4x/month) : Start with our Rizos Curls Detox Scalp Scrub to exceptionally deep clean your scalp. Work in the hydrated silica micro-beads to slough off dead skin and debris at scalp level, allowing the peppermint oil to balance and provide antimicrobial benefits along with pink clay to detox and purify.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp & Hair Rinse is a gentle clarifying rinse that pull excess oil, dirt and grime from scalp and strands while restoring shine and luster. The Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and Black Tea Kombucha included in this formula, work together to rebalance pH to your scalp and promotes a healthy scalp microbiome. Using Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp & Hair Rinse following the Detox Scalp Scrub is the perfect combo to achieve the cleanest of cleans!
Step #4 The Dish on Condish
Conditioner is much needed to deliver and restore the moisture balance to your hair. Similar to adding moisturizer to your skin, adding conditioner to your hair keeps it soft and smooth and helps to banish frizz caused by dryness or damage.
- For Weekly Wash Day: Also an Allure Best of Beauty 2023 Award Winner, Rizos Curls Deep Conditioner is perfectly formulated to restore moisture with its thick and creamy texture. Made with frizz reducing Coconut Oil, nourishing Argan Oil and Olive Oil that improves elasticity, this deep conditioner will strengthen and condition strands and provides incredible slip to detangle. Curl conditioning on your regular wash days, 1-2x a week, is ideal for proper curl maintenance. Allow Deep Conditioner to penetrate your strands for 5-10 minimum before rinsing with cool water to seal.
- For Treatment Wash Day ( 2-4x /month): Rizos Curls Vitamin C Hair Repair Mask is a lucious, creamy hair mask loaded with beneficial natural ingredients that can show repair to your hair cuticle and improve shine & manageability with the first use! The inclusion of Murumuru Butter as a reparitive, nourishing mositurizer and Grapefruit & Orangel Peel Oils for the boost of antioxidants to add softness and shine is the most incredible pick me up for your curls. Add mask to hair and leave on minimum 10-15 minutes. Can be applied with or without heat.