HOW TO: #RizosResults Styling Tips
Step-By-Step Styling Directions For ALL CURL TYPES:
Shampooing benefits your scalp! Make sure to massage shampoo into the scalp to receive the benefits of the natural ingredients & to sluff off dead skin and build up.The Rizos Curls Hydrating Shampoo contains Moringa Oil that is known to nourish and strengthen the scalp and hair follicles.
🌸Pro Tip: Use our Rizos Curls Pink Scalp Massage Brush to gently massage and scrub your scalp on wash day. Our Rizos Curls Pink Scalp Massage Brush also works great on dry hair for a relaxing scalp massage to release tension and stimulate hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp!
If shampoo is for your scalp, then conditioner is for the length of your hair! Rizos Curls Deep Conditioner will moisturize and hydrate your waves, curls & coils! The best time to detagle knotty tresses is in the shower while Rizos Curls Deep Conditioner is in your hair. Rinse conditioner out of your hair with cool water to seal the cuticle of your hair, trapping in the hydration, and combating unwanted frizz.
🌸Pro Tip: Use either our Rizos Curls Pink Detangling Flexi Brush or Rizos Curls Pink Hanging Shower Comb to detangle your hair in the shower. Detangle starting at the ends of your hair and work your way up to minimize breakage.
After washing, use a microfiber towel or cotton t-shirt to dry excess water from hair. The tiny loops on terry cloth towels can snag and rip strands causing breakage. Hair should be wet but not dripping, for ideal styling product application.
Apply Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream from roots to ends using your fingers to rake in product and then "prayer hands" to be sure every strand is included. Always finish application by scrunching product into hair to encourage your curl pattern. Humidity? Need extra hold? Add Rizos Curls Light Hold Gel for a crunch-less hold to define and lock in your curls!
Be sure to add additonal amounts of product to areas that are drier by nature like your ends and crown. While diffusing with our Rizos Curls Pink Collapsible Diffuser, examine you hair at 30%, 60% and 90% dry to see where you may need more Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream or Rizos Curls Light Hold Gel. Your curls will reveal where they need more moisture or definition during the diffusing process!
For optimal results and volume, blow dry hair with a Rizos Curls Pink Collapsible Diffuser while hair is flipped upside down. Gravity is your friend! Drying curls and waves upside down draws your roots off the scalp to create the height and volume desired. If volume is not your goal, avoid diffusing and allow curls to air dry.
🌸Pro Tip: For extra volume, once dry and diffused, use our Rizos Curls Pink Hair Pick Comb to further lift hair off the scalp at the roots, while hair is upside down. Fluffing the texture at the root will give additonal volume and height.
Fine,Thin or 2-2c wave & curls (see chart below):
- Follow normal wash day directions as outlined above.
- When appyling stylers be sure to be light handed. Too much product can weigh down fine & thin waves and curls.
- For thin, fine curls: We suggest a quarter sized amount of Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream applied as described above. Add a little at a time and always avoid your roots. We do not want to add extra weight where we acheive volume.
- For wavy hair: We suggest using our Rizos Curls Light Hold Gel as a styler as it provides extra hold, without the crunch, to encorage those waves to lock in place. Our Rizos Curls Refresh & Detangle Spray is also a "secret weapon" to take wavy hair to curly hair in a snap! Using our Rizos Curls Refresh & Detangle Spray as a stand alone styler will provide the moisture and defintion, but is a lighter formula than our Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream. Wavy hair to curly hair..No more Undercover Curlies!
- Blow dry hair upside down on warm heat with our Rizos Curls Pink Collapsible Diffuser to achieve more defined curls,extra volume and to lock in the texture!
Thick, dry or 3a-4c hair (see chart below):
- We recommend using the Rizos Curls Refresh & Detangle Spray before applying the Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream for extra hydration. Color treated, heat damaged, naturally dry curls will benefit from this step. Remember to avoid the scalp when applying stylers and leave ins, as to not hinder volume. Sectioning hair while applying Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream will help ensure no curls are missed and will allow you to focus on getting product from about 1 inch from the roots to the tips of your curls.
- If your hair is extrememly thick, partially rinse out the Rizos Curls Deep Conditioner on wash day. Rinsing about 80-90% will give your curls and coils the boost of moisture that it craves.