HOW TO: #RizosResults Styling Tips
Step-By-Step Styling Directions For ALL CURL TYPES:
Shampooing benefits your scalp! Make sure to massage shampoo into the scalp to receive the benefits of the natural ingredients & to sluff off dead skin and build up.The Rizos Curls Hydrating Shampoo contains Moringa Oil that is known to nourish and strengthen the scalp and hair follicles.
Curls looking droopy? Hair looks dull? It may be time to clarify. Rizos Curls Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp & Hair Rinse will gently clarify your scalp and strands removing product build up, excess sebum and oil. The organic apple cider vinegar in the formula will restore the pH balance to your scalp and brilliant shine to your strands. Adding this step will restore your hair to a clean slate and allow your styling products to perform at their best.
🌸Pro Tip: Use our Rizos Curls Pink Scalp Massage Brush to gently massage and scrub your scalp on wash day. Our Rizos Curls Pink Scalp Massage Brush also works great on dry hair for a relaxing scalp massage to release tension and stimulate hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp!
If shampoo is for your scalp, then conditioner is for the length of your hair! Rizos Curls Deep Conditioner will moisturize and hydrate your waves, curls & coils! The best time to detagle knotty tresses is in the shower while Rizos Curls Deep Conditioner is in your hair. Rinse conditioner out of your hair with cool water to seal the cuticle of your hair, trapping in the moisture, and combating unwanted frizz.
🌸Pro Tip: Use either our Rizos Curls Pink Detangling Flexi Brush or Rizos Curls Pink Hanging Shower Comb to detangle your hair in the shower. Detangle starting at the ends of your hair and work your way up to minimize breakage.
After washing, use a microfiber towel or cotton t-shirt to dry excess water from hair. The tiny loops on terry cloth towels can snag and rip strands causing breakage. Hair should be wet but not dripping, for ideal styling product application. Adding styling products to damp or semi-dry hair will not result in desireable results.
If your hair is dry, damaged or excessively frizzy, add Rizos Curls Refresh & Detangle Spray as a leave in conditioner. This prep step will give your curls an extra dose of moisture and keep curls tangle free.
Apply Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream from roots to ends using your fingers to rake in product and then use the "prayer hands" technique to be sure every strand is included. Always finish application by scrunching product into hair to encourage your curl pattern. Humidity? Need extra hold? Add Rizos Curls Light Hold Gel for a crunch-less hold to define and lock in your curls!
Have thin or fine curls or waves that weigh down easily? Rizos Curls Curl Defining Mousse is a weightless curl defining styler that gives you the definition, shine and hydration your curls crave without adding any weight that can cause your curls and waves to fall flat.
Looking for maximum volume? Increased texture? Rizos Curls Beach Waves Texturizing Salt Spray can be applied just after styling but before diffusing, to allow the natural ability of sea salt in the formula to increase the texture and add more shape to your hair. Don't worry, our formula is balanced with juicy humectants like blue agave and prickly pear cactus to balance out the sea salt giving you "day at the beach" hair without the dry, gritty strands you have after a dip in the ocean.
Be sure to add additional amounts of product to areas that are drier by nature like your ends and crown. While diffusing with our Rizos Curls Pink Collapsible Hair Diffuser, examine you hair at 30%, 60% and 90% dry to see where you may need more product, add sparingly. Your curls will reveal where they need more moisture or definition during the diffusing process. Do note that adding an overload of stylers can give undesirable results. There is a such thing as too much. You want to provide the benefits of a moisturizing styler that defines and adds shine but will also result in bouncy, free flowing, voluminous curls.
For optimal results and volume, blow dry hair with a Rizos Curls Pink Collapsible Hair Diffuser while hair is flipped upside down. Gravity is your friend! Drying curls and waves upside down draws your roots off the scalp to create the height and volume desired. If volume is not your goal, avoid diffusing and allow curls to air dry.
🌸Pro Tip: For extra volume, once dry and diffused, use our Rizos Curls Pink Hair Pick Comb to further lift hair off the scalp at the roots, while hair is upside down. Fluffing the texture at the root will give additional volume and height.
Lock in your style with our Alcohol Free Hairspray to provide a touchable hold that won't flake or add crunch! Want extra volume? Add a few sprays to your roots then diffuse. Get that extra lift for big, voluminous, curls!
Fine,Thin or 2-2c wave & curls (see chart below):
- Follow normal wash day directions as outlined above.
- When appyling stylers be sure to be light handed. Too much product can weigh down fine & thin waves and curls.
- For thin, fine curls: We suggest a quarter sized amount of Rizos Curls Curl Defining Mousse applied as described above. Add a little at a time and always avoid your roots. We do not want to add extra weight where we desire to acheive volume.
- For wavy hair: We suggest using our Rizos Curls Curl Defining Mousse or Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream with a layer of Rizos Curls Light Hold Gel as it provides additional hold, without the crunch, to encourage those waves to lock in place. Our Rizos Curls Refresh & Detangle Spray is also a "secret weapon" to take wavy hair to curly hair in a snap! Using our Rizos Curls Refresh & Detangle Spray as a stand alone styler will provide the moisture and defintion, but is a lighter formula than our Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream. Wavy hair to curly hair..No more Undercover Curlies!
- Add Rizos Curls Beach Waves Texturizing Salt Spray to increase your texture and make those curls curlier and waves wavier!
- Blow dry hair upside down on warm heat with our Rizos Curls Pink Collapsible Diffuser to achieve more defined curls,extra volume and to lock in the texture!
Thick, dry or 3a-4c hair (see chart below):
- We recommend using the Rizos Curls Refresh & Detangle Spray before applying the Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream for extra moisture. Color treated, heat damaged, naturally dry curls will benefit from this step. Rizos Curls Curl Defining Mousse adds an additional hydration boost for extra thirsty curls and coils, giving more definition and shine without added weight. Sectioning hair into several small sections while applying Rizos Curls Curl Defining Cream will help ensure no curls are missed and will allow you to focus on getting product from root to the tips of your curls. This texture has natural volume, so no need to avoid the root when applying stylers.
- If your hair is extremely thick, consider using Rizos Curls Vitamin C Hair Repair Mask on wash day in place of conditioner. Allowing this butter like deep treatment to penetrate the the thickest layers of coils, and benefiting your hair to give an ultimate moisture boost. Work mask into hair in small sections, and use Rizos Curls Flexi-Brush to ensure coverage from root to tip. For added effectiveness, use with heat to open the cuticle of the hair strand and allow complete moisture absorbtion.
Now keep in mind, your curls are as custom as you are! No curl is created equal and it may take a small amount of trial and error to find your Custom Curl Combo with Rizos Curls! Based on your texture, curl pattern, condition & health of your hair and desired results, it is easy to to create the perfect Custom Curl Combo to achieve the textured tresses of your dreams!
Below are a few videos of different Rizos Curls Custom Curl Combos on different hair types: