Posted on September 19 2023
What Is The Curly Girl Method?
Curly Girl Method....What is this?
Are you using the CGM? Are your products CGM approved?
So many Rizos Reinas and Reyes are confused when they see "Curly Girl Method." Let us help make sense of it!
Curly Girl Method is basically the approach to caring for your rizos with TLC! Curls are fragile when you think about it and if not cared for correctly, some will never embrace their natural crowns.
Basic guidelines for the Curly Girl Method:
- No silicones
- No sulfates
- No parabens
- No heat styling...with the exception of blow drying with a diffuser which "diffuses" the warm air to gently dry curls.
- No terry cloth towels to dry wet hair; instead microfiber or even a t-shirt to minimize breakage & frizz
- Curly cuts only!
- Know your porosity( stay tuned!)
- Clarify your curls to remove build up
- Deep Condition regularly ( see previous blog post "Deep Condition") with steam or warm heat for maximum moisture absorption. Steamers or Heat Caps work best!
As long as you play within the basic guidelines, The Curly Girl Method is adaptable! Depending on your needs, you can tweak it to give your curls the individualized care they need...after all, no curl is created equal
Posted on February 11 2020
Learn More From Our Pro Squad
Posted on July 21 2023
Celebrity Hairstylist Irinel De Leon joined our NY Masterclass to share some of her best kept curly hair secrets.
Posted on June 27 2023
Learn how Celebrity Hairstylist Cesar De Leon created the perfect mermaid waves on International Superstar Karol G.